At QED we have four Information, Advice and Guidance (IAG) objectives to ensure the best possible service to all our learners. They are:
- To provide all learners with accurate and up-to-date information, advice and guidance to make informed choices about learning, skills and work:
- To ensure all learners identify and meet personal IAG objectives during their learning programme;
- To be impartial and signpost people to the most appropriate support or destinations;
- To listen to what users say about our services and take action to continually improve our offer.
To achieve our objectives, all learners:
- Receive clear, accurate, up-to-date, accessible, objective and impartial information, advice and guidance before committing to a course;
- Receive any requested information within 7 working days of asking;
- Can be confident that staff have been appropriately trained to deliver high standards of IAG;
- Can access information about financial support and be signposted to the right place/person to find out more about a course or mainstream service to meet their needs;
- Can access clear, accurate, accessible and up-to-date information, advice and guidance about progression opportunities beyond their chosen learning route;
- Can be confident that their personal information is held securely;
- Can be signposted or referred to specialist or alternative help;
- Are provided with ways to give feedback on the IAG the have received
- Always get a timely response to compliments, complaints or comments within 7 working days.
How do we know when we have achieved our objectives?
All QED courses include a learner entitlement to high quality, impartial information, advice and guidance purposely designed to meet our four IAG objectives. This commitment is over and above targets set for contract achievement and is outlined prior to enrolment, at induction and throughout the learner journey. All learners will have individual IAG objectives, identified during their initial assessment, prior to commencing learning at QED.
These are reviewed regularly to ensure the provision of IAG is relevant to their needs and they are signposted or referred to the most suitable next step. Continuous monitoring and feedback from QED service users enables us to measure the effectiveness of each of our information, advice and guidance service objectives. In addition to providing written information for learners to take home and digest, we have translated materials which make the quality of the information, advice and guidance service accessible to a greater ranger of learners who have low levels of English. All staff are trained in information, advice and guidance and the quality of the service is continually monitored by our Quality Manager to ensure it is of the highest standard.